Sunday, February 8, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, $ave & Ca$h Your Coin!

My sister and I were never fans of shopping when we were younger, so to keep ourselves occupied, we always had a "friendly competition" to see how much money we could find at the shopping center. Little did I know that this would actually help me learn about money and the nuiances of the classical phrase, "A penny saved is a penny earned." I continued to stick the coins into a big jar and after saving, the total added to over $100 dollars. A hundred dollars may not be much, but to a kid, its a gold mine. How much candy or soda's can you buy with that much money?!?!

So what is this blog for? Well, back in college my buddy (who I am still good friends with today), hated the ideal of having change. Any penny, nickel, quarter, he despised, so I when I went with him to get fast food, he said that I could keep the change. Sometimes it was 37 cents, sometimes it was 15 cents, but in the long run as I saved the change, it began to add up.

I have to give credit to CNN.com article about The New York City Changepot in order to get this blog started. I really did not think that someone could blog about saving change over a period of years, but I guess any thing is blogable nowadays...

$ave & Cash Yo Coin!

-RF

No comments:

Post a Comment